There are a number of ways to get involved with your Western PA Chapter, but one of the best is joining a committee! Please see our current committee descriptions and let us know using the form below if you’d like to participate.
- Programs: The Programs Committee is responsible for planning both educational and networking events with health IT professionals. Educational events are centered around timely and relevant topics and trends in healthcare IT and healthcare IT management. Resources are needed for determining topics, speakers, types of programs, venues, logistics, volunteers to be onsite at events, and creating post-event surveys.
- Advocacy: The Advocacy Committee is responsible for advocating on behalf of the Western Pennsylvania HIMSS members and their stakeholders. Advocacy occurs in the form of interactions with government and civic leaders; review of existing or proposed legislation; member-education of legislation or legislative plans; service as trusted advisors to legislative and civic personnel; application of HIMSS knowledgebase and expert-base on behalf of advocacy-related activities; collaboration with synergistic people and/or organizations.
- Marketing & Communication: The Marketing & Communications (MarComm) committee owns and develops the Chapter brand and is responsible for promoting the Chapter, its value to members, and its events. The MarComm committee develops consistent messaging and other content for distribution through multiple channels, including the Internet. MarComm works closely with the Programs committee to promote chapter events. It also works with the Business Development committee to identify and cultivate potential sponsors; it works with the Membership committee to develop and execute membership drives and to welcome new members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a digital marketing platform, including distribution lists, email templates, newsletter templates, event templates, and other collateral.
- Developing and executing communications campaigns for chapter events, news, and chapter business (e.g., surveys, elections, etc.).
- Maintaining and updating the chapter’s online presence (website, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter).
Provide your information below and a board member will be in touch!